Additional options for product variants

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
skillig-wco

Additional options for product variants

Post by skillig-wco » 04 Sep 2020, 09:01

Hello,

i have created a T-Shirt (Type: Selection) with the variants "Blue" / "Red / "Black".
Now the option "Print" (+10€) or "3D-Print" (+20€) should be available for the shirts.
The two options do not require any stock, but only a surcharge.

Unfortunately I can't find any instructions how to implement this in the product.

Best Regards
Sven

cnoelker
Advanced

Re: Additional options for product variants

Post by cnoelker » 04 Sep 2020, 12:37

Hi,

you can achieve this by creating a configurable option for the product.
First, create an attribute type "print", then create attributes of the type "print" and name them e.g. "simple print" and "3d print" and provide prices for these.
Then, go to the product -> Option and create a configurable option for the products based on the attributes.

Claudia

skillig-wco

Post by skillig-wco » 10 Sep 2020, 08:54

Hello Claudia,
thank you very much, that was helpful.

Is there also a way to enter the price per product variant without creating a separate attribute (type print) for each price?
for example:
T-shirt: variant red / blue / black
Print at red +10€ / at blue +15€ / black +20€
3D-Print: Red +20€ / Blue +25€ / Black +30€

If I create a separate attribute for each price and assign it to the product variants (options), the selection is not displayed in the frontend. Only if I assign them to the main product.

Best Regards
Sven

cnoelker
Advanced

Post by cnoelker » 10 Sep 2020, 11:36

Hi Sven,

this is a special case, so I guess that the standard article detail template does not cover it. Actually, I didn't check the standard.

However, if you enhance the standard article detail template with your own version and then do some programming to display the available options, then the further cart logic stores this additional option. You might need a custom cart template, too, in case that the selected option is not displayed in there. (But it's in the data, you just have to access it.)

I just checked in one shop: I added a custom options (with a checkbox) in the implementation. So, it's possible. :-)

Claudia