Error in getCategories

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
Faebu93

Error in getCategories

Post by Faebu93 » 06 Jun 2015, 13:52

Hi!
In my Aimeos installation I experienced a problem. Every time I tried to display either the Catalog list or the Catalog filter plugin in the backend (edit the plugin or add new content) I got a blank page (nothing). In the log appears this error: Core: Error handler (BE): PHP Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 2 passed to Aimeos\Aimeos\Flexform\Catalog::getCategories() must be an instance of TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Form\FormEngine, instance of TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Form\DataPreprocessor given in [...]/typo3conf/ext/aimeos/Classes/Flexform/Catalog.php line 29
I'm working with Typo3 7.2.0, PHP 5.5.13 on FreeBSD 9.2.
What I did is I just changed line 29 Catalog.php to the requested class:
public function getCategories( array $config, \TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Form\DataPreprocessor $tceForms = null, $sitecode = 'default' )
(before it was
public function getCategories( array $config, \TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Form\FormEngine $tceForms = null, $sitecode = 'default' )
Don't know if this is the way to do it or just a dirty workaround but it seems to work^^. At least I can show these plugintypes again and don't get any errors (no extensive testing yet though).
Hope this helps!
Enjoy the summer, hope not everyone of you is working ;)

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Error in getCategories

Post by aimeos » 06 Jun 2015, 14:06

Faebu93 wrote: What I did is I just changed line 29 Catalog.php to the requested class:
public function getCategories( array $config, \TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Form\DataPreprocessor $tceForms = null, $sitecode = 'default' )
Thanks for the hint! Seems to be a backward incompatible change in TYPO3 7.2 which we haven't noticed yet. It's fixed now in the master branch: https://github.com/aimeos/aimeos-typo3/ ... d00207ee78
Faebu93 wrote:Enjoy the summer, hope not everyone of you is working ;)
The trick is to enjoy the summer while you are working ;-)

Faebu93

Re: Error in getCategories

Post by Faebu93 » 06 Jun 2015, 14:08

Hey you are fast ;)! Thx!!!
aimeos wrote:The trick is to enjoy the summer while you are working ;-)
:lol: That's the way!