Search Form and Language

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
Metalics
Advanced

Search Form and Language

Post by Metalics » 22 Jul 2015, 21:19

Hello forum,
I have 2 questions very important for me:

1- Is it poissible to use the search form independently from the categories and filter options? (I want the search form to scan whole products, even if i am in a category or filtered the products)

2- I have a language selector in my website already. İs this enough to switch between languages or do i have to use Aimeos language sleector together with it?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Search Form and Language

Post by aimeos » 22 Jul 2015, 21:52

Metalics wrote: 1- Is it poissible to use the search form independently from the categories and filter options? (I want the search form to scan whole products, even if i am in a category or filtered the products)
Yes, if you place the catalog filter plugin twice on the pages and remove the subparts for the categories and the attribute filter via the tsconfig field in the plugin.
Metalics wrote: 2- I have a language selector in my website already. İs this enough to switch between languages or do i have to use Aimeos language sleector together with it?
No, you don't need the language selector component in a TYPO3 installation - it's for the other frameworks. You should use the standard TYPO3 means instead.