How to move Aimeos (Typo3-Dist) from one server to another?

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
franzrudolf

How to move Aimeos (Typo3-Dist) from one server to another?

Post by franzrudolf » 25 Jul 2016, 12:36

Hi again,

I've been working on it for hours but I just don't understanding the logic of product exporting/importing...

I've built an Aimeos-shop on my server. Now I would like to move the entire TYPO3-/Aimeos-System to another Server. First of all I tried the usual way: Installing the TYPO3-Source on the new server, overwriting the fileadmin-, typo3conf and uploads-directories by the respective backups and finally importing the DB-data. But instead of the products I have created (and which I can see in the DB) only the demo-products are shown. Therefore, I guess, I have to use the scheduler-task "Produktexport" (in the old system) to export the catalog as a file - am I right?
But I have no idea at all, where this file will be stored, or how I can configure the task. Everything I have found in the docu is about import but nothing about export. Or am I simply too stupid to understand?

I would be very grateful for any help
Best regards

franzrudolf

Re: How to move Aimeos (Typo3-Dist) from one server to anoth

Post by franzrudolf » 25 Jul 2016, 16:34

Now I tried the following TSconfiguration in the task:

plugin.tx_aimeos {
settings {
controller.jobs.product.export.location =.../fileadmin/aimeos_exports/exports/
}
}

(I created the the aimeos_exports-directory in advance)

Since that I get the following error-message:

Die Ausführung von Task "Aimeos Shop Planer (aimeos)" ist fehlgeschlagen mit folgender Meldung: Unable to create directory "http://.../fileadmin/aimeos_exports/exports/"

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 26 Jul 2016, 20:30

If you want to move your entire installation, your first attempt is correct. Copy all files and directories (exclude ./typo3temp/) and make a full dump of your database which you can import as SQL into your remote database. Adapt your database settings in the ./typo3conf/LocalConfiguration.php. Afterwards, you may clear the TYPO3 caches but then everything should be as in your local environment.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

franzrudolf

Post by franzrudolf » 27 Jul 2016, 19:25

Finally, I've made it - by the usual way as described!

Maybe this might be a tipp for others having the same problem:
I guess the Problem was that I first added the command "drop table" to my db-dump. Since I imported a new dump without "drop table" everything works as in the original system (I have only very little sql-knowledge but this was the only difference to my former attempts).

franzrudolf

Post by franzrudolf » 29 Jul 2016, 11:18

Finally, I am completely confused...

As I wrote I moved from the old to a new server - and it did work. But now it doesn't anymore...
I repeated exery single step as described above. But after all I got an error in the admin-interface (compare file).

As I wrote I have only very little knowledge of sql but the (in the error-text yellow marked) db usr_p223362_9 is not the db I use - but one I have used before (on the new server)!
Attachments
aimeos-error.jpg
aimeos-error.jpg (129.45 KiB) Viewed 3031 times

franzrudolf

Post by franzrudolf » 29 Jul 2016, 11:21

I just realized that my last post is not quite understandable. The first move to the new server did word and still does.

The error came with another move of the installation (but everything identical to the first one).

franzrudolf

Post by franzrudolf » 29 Jul 2016, 11:41

After I changed the db another time it works again... Even if I have not a clue why.

I am really sorry for making such a mess in the forum but to me this whole caching-system (which, I guess, was/is sowhow the problem) ist absolutely confusing.