How to handle Product with many prices

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
Jairus34

How to handle Product with many prices

Post by Jairus34 » 27 Aug 2024, 07:07

Hi community.

I have a question about setting up product pricing in Aimeos. We need to incorporate four different types of prices in our product details: Current Price, Previous Price, Discounted Price, and Customer Price (customer price should be applied when a customer enters a coupon during registration). Is there a way to effectively implement these pricing options within Aimeos? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

aimeos
Administrator

Re: How to handle Product with many prices

Post by aimeos » 27 Aug 2024, 20:06

Use the fields in the default price type:
- value: current price
- rebate: reduction to previous price

The previous price can be calculated by summing up value and rebate. What is the difference between the current price and discounted price?

Add the customer price as another price item for the product and assign a customer group to it. Assign the customer group to the customer if they have entered the coupon code during registration. You need the customer/groups extension from the Aimeos company to make the customer price work: https://aimeos.com/extensions#c437
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

Jairus34

Post by Jairus34 » 28 Aug 2024, 01:44

Thank you for your response. I am currently using a JSON API for my website and Is it okay to create a new endpoint for the products to calculate the price specifically the previous price?

Regarding discounts, I believe the discount can be represented as a percentage. As for determining the customer price, is it possible for us to manage this independently on our end?

Thank you.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 28 Aug 2024, 06:23

Jairus34 wrote: 28 Aug 2024, 01:44 Thank you for your response. I am currently using a JSON API for my website and Is it okay to create a new endpoint for the products to calculate the price specifically the previous price?
That would be over-engineered. Calculate the previous price in your client JS code by adding value and rebate.
Jairus34 wrote: 28 Aug 2024, 01:44 Regarding discounts, I believe the discount can be represented as a percentage.
Then, this can be calculated too.
Jairus34 wrote: 28 Aug 2024, 01:44 As for determining the customer price, is it possible for us to manage this independently on our end?
Sure.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star