Product cost based on actual weight

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
JustWatching

Product cost based on actual weight

Post by JustWatching » 05 Jan 2020, 06:34

Hello

I am evaluating e-commerce solutions.

I have a specific requirement and would like to use a solution like aimeos to avoid developing everything from scratch.

We need an option to order products online for pickup at store. Some of the products are weighed at store and priced accordingly. Actual price is not know at time of order.

The customer pays actual amount at store.

Ideally The shopping cart splits items that can have a price from those that will be weighed in store.

I don’t expect this to work out of the box but do you think I could extend Aimeos to meet this requirement?

Thank you

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Product cost based on actual weight

Post by aimeos » 05 Jan 2020, 09:57

You can overwrite the partial that generates the basket output if you want to separate those products from the rest visually:
https://github.com/aimeos/ai-client-htm ... andard.php

I would give those products a price of 0.00 too and would add some information that they are paid later based on the actual weight.

You could also use two separate baskets to store regular and weight based products but that would mean that the customer has to do the checkout twice which isn't desireable from the user perspective.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star