Bundle Products

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
createanet

Bundle Products

Post by createanet » 18 May 2021, 11:15

Hello,

Could you please advise if it's possible to build bundle products on the fly?

eg. I wish to create a ui builder for the customer to choose from a selection of products, this can then create a bundle product which can then be added to the basket with a fixed price of our choosing.

Thanks

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Bundle Products

Post by aimeos » 19 May 2021, 08:22

This would be only possible if you store the bundle product in the mshop_product table but this would clutter your database.

We would suggest to offer a regular or selection product with configurable attributes for all the options the customer can choose from. This is also the standard method for building all kinds of product configurators.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

createanet

Re: Bundle Products

Post by createanet » 19 May 2021, 08:37

I have managed to throw together this functionality...it creates unique bundle of products specific to the customer not visible on the frontend, but purchasable. The plan is to group to a category or use an attribute that I can filter on in the admin which will be ignored , but remain in the system so the customer can re-order if required.

The store I am working on/with is more B2B, so it's not really "open" to the general public, and I don't see it ever getting aggressively used. Your suggested option may work for us, as I have also learnt that selections are not compatible with bundles, and all products on the store I am working with are selections :o .

The only worry right now is that the brief describes the customer having multiple options to choose from x, y, z - with limits on those options. I'll have another look over your documentation later today to see if anything like this is possible.

Thanks for your time and feedback