Use tags with products?

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
DmS

Use tags with products?

Post by DmS » 16 Aug 2021, 08:21

Hi, our customer needs to set up a number of different text based tags which will be used to tag products and to use as filters to complement the search. If there are any best practices on this in Aimeos, I'd like to use it if possible.

I see that under "types" in admin there is an entry called "Tags", but there is no info to be found on how to use it. I've searched the forums and the documentation. All I see are notes on the SQL used.

Looking at it in admin, I can see two entries, catalog & product, and I can create a new tag type, but when I do that, I can't seem to find where I can add it to a product. It's not available in any of the drop downs when I look in a products characteristics or options, or anywhere else for that matter. Is there any information available on how to work with tags?

Alternatively, how would I go about to enable a tag-type of functionality that I can filter on? Attributes?
Thanx
/Dan

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Use tags with products?

Post by aimeos » 17 Aug 2021, 06:12

The tag domain is implemented but not used for anything in the HTML frontend at the moment.
Please use the product attributes as they can create product filters out of the box in the frontend.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

DmS

Re: Use tags with products?

Post by DmS » 17 Aug 2021, 07:46

Thank you, will do.
Working out of the box, we love that :)