Product Search - No Results

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
createanet

Product Search - No Results

Post by createanet » 08 Dec 2021, 07:41

Morning,

My search returns zero results 99% of the time.

I came across the following thread, which explains that using "client/html/catalog/lists/catid-default" might not have the desired effect.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2817&p=11143&hilit ... ult#p11141

I had set this, but since my understanding of it now locks the search to products in that category only it seems like its not a very good choice unless its paired with "client/html/catalog/lists/levels", and that value having an assignment of > 1.

Our application defaults is to display LEVEL_ONE, only the requested node. This appears to only be searching for products in the top level, whereas the majority of our products are listed in child categories 2/3 deep from its top level parent.

At the moment, to return product results from the search I need to have the following configuration

Code: Select all

client/html/catalog/lists/levels => 3
client/html/catalog/lists/catid-default => null
This fixes one problem, but creates another. We now have all products listed under all categories.

What is the correct configuration here? Apart from a custom route & controller, which would then enable me to overwrite these configs but isolated for this route only.

Thanks in advance

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Product Search - No Results

Post by aimeos » 09 Dec 2021, 17:54

This aggregates all products from child categories to the parent categories and is not what you want.

client/html/catalog/lists/levels => 3
Leave the "levels" setting to the default value of "1" to show only products of the current category.

This is the standard setting for product lists and you can remove it:

client/html/catalog/lists/catid-default => null
The normal way would be to remove both settings. Then, the list view will be text search or category only and if you want to change that, use these settings:
- https://aimeos.org/docs/2021.x/config/c ... rce-search
- https://aimeos.org/docs/2021.x/config/c ... e-search_1
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

createanet

Re: Product Search - No Results

Post by createanet » 10 Dec 2021, 08:09

Thanks, this resolved the issues 8-)