Displaying the nested categories in the menu

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
Stefanki

Displaying the nested categories in the menu

Post by Stefanki » 02 Feb 2022, 17:21

Hello,

I'm trying to do something with the menu displayed by creating the categories in the administration interface:

When i mouseover the name of the categories there is a sub menu that appears to show a list of sub categories.
However sub-sub categories will not appear in the sub menu until i click on some of of the categories.

I have tried to use the "client/html/catalog/filter/tree/deep" and it seems that it make the menu displays all sub categories too, but it displays them without regards to their depth level.

Example:
If the categories are organized like this:
A-->(A1,A2,A3)
A1-->(A11,A12)
B-->(B1,B2)

When hovering on "A" it will display: A1 A11 A12 A2 A3

But i would like the sub-sub categories (A11, A12) to be visually distinct from the other one.
For example by being displayed in italic or by making a new menu appears when hovering them.

My aimeos version: "aimeos/aimeos-core": "2021.04.*"

I have used the utility to create a aimeos extension to be able to fiddle with those files without breaking the rest of the code.

There are 4 files in the templates, tree-body-standard, tree-partial-2ndlvl, tree-partial-custom, tree-partial-standard
Also src/Client/Html/Catalog/Filter/Tree/Standard.php seems to be the class that implements it.

I am not really sure of what i am doing, should i try to modify this code or am i missing something ?

Thank you by advance

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Displaying the nested categories in the menu

Post by aimeos » 04 Feb 2022, 09:22

You should update to 2021.10 LTS first because 2021.04 adn 2021.07 are not supported any more.

To display a megamenu for example, you can add this in the Option/Value table of the category which should display the megamenu:
- Option: css-class
- Value: megamenu

Furthermore, you can change the number of category levels which are displayed using this configuration setting:
https://aimeos.org/docs/2021.x/config/c ... els-always
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

Stefanki

Re: Displaying the nested categories in the menu

Post by Stefanki » 08 Feb 2022, 14:52

Thank you very much, i will try to do something with those informations !