Marketplace and unified basket

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
yeh

Marketplace and unified basket

Post by yeh » 16 Aug 2022, 13:30

Using the marketplace extension, is the following possible:

e.g. if I visit vendor 1 sub site and add a product to basket, I should then be able to visit the default site and/or vendor 2 sub-site and have a unified basket/checkout with all products.

I think there are 1 or possibly two ways to achieve this:

1. Set sitelevel = 3, then prevent customers visiting the sub-sites through redirections to the default site, then handle all basket & checkout on default site.

2. Possible settings/config change to allow unified basket across all sub-sites and main site.

Is option 2 possible or am I completely wrong here?

nos3

Re: Marketplace and unified basket

Post by nos3 » 18 Aug 2022, 10:32

yeh wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 13:30 Using the marketplace extension, is the following possible:
e.g. if I visit vendor 1 sub site and add a product to basket, I should then be able to visit the default site and/or vendor 2 sub-site and have a unified basket/checkout with all products.
This won't work because each site has it's own basket and they are not merged. If you are at the "default" site and the products are aggregated from the sub-sites, then the "default" site still has it's own basket but products from the aggregated sub-sites can be added to that basket. Contrary, products added at sub-sites to their own basket are only available there.
yeh wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 13:30 1. Set sitelevel = 3, then prevent customers visiting the sub-sites through redirections to the default site, then handle all basket & checkout on default site.
That's the default case and works out of the box (but customers are not redirected on sub-sites because they are usually not linked so it's no problem).
yeh wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 13:30 2. Possible settings/config change to allow unified basket across all sub-sites and main site.
There's nothing like that yet but you may use the site code of the "default" site in the URL that adds the product to the basket. Then, all products are always in marketplace basket.

yeh

Re: Marketplace and unified basket

Post by yeh » 25 Aug 2022, 14:55

Thanks for the info, I understand how everything works now. I shall probably put some redirections in place and alter the add-to-basket URLs so they add to the default basket. This seems like the best option.

Thanks again