Price range filter does not follow the results

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
TGergo

Price range filter does not follow the results

Post by TGergo » 14 Dec 2022, 10:50

php version 8.1
Windows 10
Aimeos version 2022.10.2.

Hello!

Price range filter does not follow the results.

I would like includes all products in the category with filters

For example in the main category first page, most expensive product 15000, but there are more expensive ones in the category
range 0-15000
But I click on sort by price.
The range still 0-15000

And I use another filter or click to the next page.
The range still 0-15000

And I use text search on the left side, the price will be added to url
?f_search=apple&f_price%5B0%5D=0&f_price%5B1%5D=3991&f_price%5B1%5D=3991

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Price range filter does not follow the results

Post by aimeos » 15 Dec 2022, 07:54

We had changed the behavior with the 2022.10 release. Before, the price followed the maximum price of the products found by the filter but that led to a price range that was shrinking with every filter. Because the min/max price values are always part of the GET parameters, this led finally to a price range of 0-1. Thus, the maximum price is now the price of the most expensive product so it doesn't limit the products by default. Only if the maximum price is lower by the user, this limit will persist with the next filter requests.

An alternative to make the maximum price follow the results again would be to disable adding the price filter values to the GET parameters by default but that seems to be only possible with some Javascript code as the HTML form will always add them by default. If you have a good solution for that problem, we will be happy to merge it into the core :-)
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star