Product import: select article with variant - hidden default

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
heural

Product import: select article with variant - hidden default

Post by heural » 16 Feb 2023, 07:52

Hi Aimeos-Team,

is it possible to hide (product.status: 2) a default product to not shown in shop/search, but useable as a variant in a select product?

I´ve testet with product.status = 2 but at the variant under selection article, the field Status is empty.
If I changed it manually in backend to active (1), the status of the default product changed also to active.
Is this behaviour normal or a bug?

Another chase is, if we would deactivate a variant but not the default product, that is´nt possible now.

Can we separate the product.status of the variant from the hidden-status of corresponding default product?
Only if the default product is´nt available (inactive, check, archived) then the variant is in the same status.
If default product is hidden, the variant status does not change.

TYPO 11.5.22, Aimeos 22.10.4
Thank you!
Ralf

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Product import: select article with variant - hidden default

Post by aimeos » 17 Feb 2023, 16:40

heural wrote: 16 Feb 2023, 07:52 is it possible to hide (product.status: 2) a default product to not shown in shop/search, but useable as a variant in a select product?
Use product.status:1 but don't assign it to any category.
heural wrote: 16 Feb 2023, 07:52 I´ve testet with product.status = 2 but at the variant under selection article, the field Status is empty.
If I changed it manually in backend to active (1), the status of the default product changed also to active.
Is this behaviour normal or a bug?
product.status:2 (hidden) doesn't make sense for variant articles because usually, they are not visible in the frontend at all because they are not assigned to any category. Therefore, this status isn't available there.
heural wrote: 16 Feb 2023, 07:52 Another chase is, if we would deactivate a variant but not the default product, that is´nt possible now.

Can we separate the product.status of the variant from the hidden-status of corresponding default product?
Only if the default product is´nt available (inactive, check, archived) then the variant is in the same status.
If default product is hidden, the variant status does not change.
It's possible by setting the status of the mshop_product_list record to 0 but the admin backend doesn't allow that yet. You would have to change the product selection template for the admin interface and add a drop-down for the product.lists.status field.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

heural

Re: Product import: select article with variant - hidden default

Post by heural » 20 Feb 2023, 10:00

Thank you, that was helpful.

I´ve override the admin item-selection-template and changed the status select field from product.status to product.lists.status.
In import with setting the status of the default product to hidden and variant to active, the backend shows the status correctly.