Recurring Events - New Product Type?

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
tblanchard

Recurring Events - New Product Type?

Post by tblanchard » 13 Mar 2023, 11:48

Hi,

I'm looking at how to do ticket sales for a venue - think about a movie multiplex with two screens. I want a product for a screen 1 ticket with shows daily at noon, 2:00 and 4:00 and screen 2 ticket with shows daily at 11:00, 1:00, and 3:00. Each ticket has a set of prices for adult, senior, child...and the events happen every day but I want to use the same base sku for all screen 1 showings and similar for screen 2. I don't want to have to create an event product for every day on the calendar although I do have inventory limitations that are strict and I only add inventory for the current run of a film. So if I'm showing Casablanca on screen 1 for two weeks and have 250 seats, I want to add 250 seats each for noon, 2 and 4 up to two weeks out.

I'm not sure how to model this with the current product types. It feels a bit like I should create an event product for the entire run of Casablanca, but create a select sub product for each date/time with 250 inventory each? If I put the prices on the top level event, will this be inherited by the select sub products?

Or should I build an extension and new kind of recurring event product?

Any guidance you can provide would be great. Thanks.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Recurring Events - New Product Type?

Post by aimeos » 13 Mar 2023, 20:14

Such recurring events are not the main domain of Aimeos we have to admit for the reasons you've outlined.
If you want to go that route nevertheless, the answer to your last question is "yes", if the variant article has no price, the price of the selection product is used.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star