Changing a user role to wholesale.

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
zcqay

Changing a user role to wholesale.

Post by zcqay » 13 May 2023, 20:35

Hello,

what happens when the super admin change a seller role from admin to a wholesale role?

when i do this nothing changes from the frontend !! i'm a bit confused.

aslo, can you point out where can i find the difference and what can each user role can do?

thanks.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Changing a user role to wholesale.

Post by aimeos » 14 May 2023, 12:27

Assigning another group to a vendor doesn't change anything in the frontend in the demo. This would only be the case if there are e.g. different prices for different groups. If you change the group from "admin" to "wholesale", the vendor won't be able to log into the admin backend because then, he's only a regular user with one group.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

zcqay

Post by zcqay » 14 May 2023, 14:02

>>> the vendor won't be able to log into the admin backend because then, he's only a regular user with one group.

<<< a wholesale member is a regular user? how is that? what he is supposed to do in this case if he can't signin again?

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 16 May 2023, 06:50

zcqay wrote: 14 May 2023, 14:02 a wholesale member is a regular user? how is that? what he is supposed to do in this case if he can't signin again?
Only users with "admin" and "editor" roles/groups can see the admin backend. All other users can only log in to see their own profile page with last orders, ability to change their addresses, etc.
"wholesale" is no special group and you could also name it "xyz". It depends on what you assign to that group, e.g. better prices.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star