Solution for Selections in Bundles?

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
CalebKwpx

Solution for Selections in Bundles?

Post by CalebKwpx » 26 May 2023, 02:14

Hi,

I'm looking into Aimeos for use on an upcoming eCommerce project of mine.
The documentation says that you can't use use Selection products in Bundles.

Is anyone able to suggest how I could use Aimeos to work for this scenario?

A Product Bundle containing:
- 1x Shirt
- 1x Pants
- 1x Shoes
Where the bundle would have a discounted price, compared to buying them all separately.

The customer would need to be able to set their shirt size, pants size and shoe size.
Is this not possible using a bundle?
Are there any other types/options I've not come across yet that can handle this?

Many thanks

malej91917

Re: Solution for Selections in Bundles?

Post by malej91917 » 15 Jun 2023, 12:21

CalebKwpx wrote: 26 May 2023, 02:14 Hi,

I'm looking into Aimeos for use on an upcoming eCommerce project of mine.
The documentation says that you can't use use Selection products in Bundles.

Is anyone able to suggest how I could use Aimeos to work for this scenario?

A Product Bundle containing:
- 1x Shirt
- 1x Pants
- 1x Shoes
Where the bundle would have a discounted price, compared to buying them all separately.

The customer would need to be able to set their shirt size, pants size and shoe size.
Is this not possible using a bundle?
Are there any other types/options I've not come across yet that can handle this?

Many thanks
One option is to use a configurable product. Configurable products allow customers to select different options for a product, such as size, color, or material. In your case, you could create a configurable product for the bundle and then allow customers to select the size for each item in the bundle.

Another option is to use grouped products. Grouped products allow you to group together multiple products and offer them as a single product. In your case, you could create a grouped product for the bundle and then add the shirt, pants, and shoes as child products. You could then set a discounted price for the grouped product.
Transforming e-commerce experiences with Aimeos, where innovation meets seamless online shopping!