questions about products

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
sirick

questions about products

Post by sirick » 25 Feb 2024, 13:45

Aimeos: Latest all packages included (aimeos-laravel)
PHP: 8.2.1
Env: Linux, Debian

Hello,
I am a developer, creating a marketplace for a client that bought aimeos with all extensions. I am going to import products through API calls from other marketplaces and i have some questions regarding the products.
  • First of all, why do you have to assign each category to a product? Wouldn't it be easier to assing only the child category so the products shows up to the parent categories too?
  • How can I add characteristics as information only and not something a user should select. Just in the description?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: questions about products

Post by aimeos » 27 Feb 2024, 10:31

sirick wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 13:45
  • First of all, why do you have to assign each category to a product? Wouldn't it be easier to assing only the child category so the products shows up to the parent categories too?
This can be configured using:
https://aimeos.org/docs/2023.x/config/c ... ts/#levels

Only downside is that you don't have control over the position of the products in the list if they share the same position value.
sirick wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 13:45
  • How can I add characteristics as information only and not something a user should select. Just in the description?
If you don't want to add that information as text, you can add it as attribute (characteristcs) but then you have to define in the configuration which attribute types should be shown in the filter only:

https://aimeos.org/docs/2023.x/config/c ... ter/#types
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star