Salutation configuration for UNKNOWN?

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
rowild

Salutation configuration for UNKNOWN?

Post by rowild » 08 Jan 2021, 11:57

Hi!

How can I setup an “empty string for ‘UNKNOWN’” as salutation in the checkoutform` in Typoscript?

Code: Select all

plugin.tx_aimeos.settings.client.html.checkout.standard.address.billing.salutations {
  0 = mr
  1 = mrs
  2 = 
}
The 3rd option does not work and keeps throwing an error.
I assume I misunderstand the way how this should be configured...?

rowild

Re: Salutation configuration for UNKNOWN?

Post by rowild » 15 Jan 2021, 14:43

Any insights on this? I tried it with translating the "miss" string. I use this string:

msgid "miss"
msgstr "Divers"
in this directory:

public/typo3conf/ext/theme/Resources/Private/Extensions/aimeos/client/i18n/de.po
and run

msgfmt --statistics -c -o de de.po
in that very directory.

Other strings like

msgid "stock-out"
msgstr "Dieser Kurs ist bereits ausgebucht."
are recognised…

Also, being in the "account/profile" of a logged-in user, it is also not possible to get a different configuration for salutations displayed. And it seems, this is the case because the salutations are hardcoded:

https://github.com/aimeos/ai-client-html/blob/2655912b0de1353eda0a9f20ed707e1d7674cedf/client/html/src/Client/Html/Account/Profile/Address/Standard.php#L277
Last but not least there are some posts in this forum that say that some aspects of aimeos cannot yet be translated (like things in a basket). I have no idea if they are still valid, but it raises the question if "salutations" are probably not translateable yet?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Salutation configuration for UNKNOWN?

Post by aimeos » 17 Jan 2021, 13:12

rowild wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 14:43 Any insights on this? I tried it with translating the "miss" string. I use this string:
in this directory:

public/typo3conf/ext/theme/Resources/Private/Extensions/aimeos/client/i18n/de.po
The salutations are in the "mshop" translation domain, not in the "client" domain.
rowild wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 14:43 Also, being in the "account/profile" of a logged-in user, it is also not possible to get a different configuration for salutations displayed. And it seems, this is the case because the salutations are hardcoded:
This has been made configurable in dev-master now:
https://github.com/aimeos/ai-client-htm ... 6e8beb8f04
rowild wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 14:43 Last but not least there are some posts in this forum that say that some aspects of aimeos cannot yet be translated (like things in a basket). I have no idea if they are still valid, but it raises the question if "salutations" are probably not translateable yet?
Usually, everything can be translated but you may need to adapt the template to make it translatable. Salutations can be translated without any change.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star