Aimeos Version 21.10.2 Selectionproducts and Stocklevel

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
Shopmister

Aimeos Version 21.10.2 Selectionproducts and Stocklevel

Post by Shopmister » 15 Nov 2021, 07:22

Hey, (typo3 10.4.17 and AImeos 21.10.2)
I have some problems with the newest aimeos Version.
1) Selectionproducts
a) The stocklevel of the main selectionproducts(not the selections) dont update if the selections are updated. The main selectionproduct havent the sum of all selections as stocklevel. The beuser have to set the stocklevel manually .
If not set manuallly most selectionproducts have for sure stocklevel 0
It would be better if the sum of selections taken :)
maybe its smae or have to do with this topic?
Shop sends orders but doesn't change stock&

b) Why its not possible to take all selections of selection products as an own product to pay for frontend? Because its creating for every selection an selectionproduct, buts not possible to use the selections as own products (maybe only if used in selection). WOuld be good to can use the selections as own products too :)
Last edited by Shopmister on 15 Nov 2021, 18:12, edited 5 times in total.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Aimeos Version 21.10.2 problems

Post by aimeos » 15 Nov 2021, 08:08

Can you please split this into two separate topics as they are not directly related?
Try to keep your topics as small and precise as possible and create several topics for different issues to help us and all who are looking for a solution afterwards :-)
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

Shopmister

Re: Aimeos Version 21.10.2 Selectionproducts and Stocklevel

Post by Shopmister » 15 Nov 2021, 14:04

Can you please split this into two separate topics as they are not directly related?
Try to keep your topics as small and precise as possible and create several topics for different issues to help us and all who are looking for a solution afterwards
Okay, id did again splitted. I hopes anough now :). see upsite now the current version :)

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 17 Nov 2021, 09:52

Shopmister wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 07:22 a) The stocklevel of the main selectionproducts(not the selections) dont update if the selections are updated. The main selectionproduct havent the sum of all selections as stocklevel. The beuser have to set the stocklevel manually .
Yes, there's no stock level added to the selection product itself automatically when creating the product so editors have to add a stock entry (with any value != 0) manually up to now. After the first order, the stock level of the selection product is updated to the sum of the variant articles automatically. We will see if we can improve that in the next version.
Shopmister wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 07:22 b) Why its not possible to take all selections of selection products as an own product to pay for frontend? Because its creating for every selection an selectionproduct, buts not possible to use the selections as own products (maybe only if used in selection). WOuld be good to can use the selections as own products too :)
That doesn't make no sense because the whole purpose of selection products is that customers can select one variant from the available ones. If you want to add all articles to the basket, use a bundle product instead.

Shopmister

Post by Shopmister » 05 Dec 2021, 09:15

That doesn't make no sense because the whole purpose of selection products is that customers can select one variant from the available ones. If you want to add all articles to the basket, use a bundle product instead.
Idont think so. Because aimeos create like other shops donot do (i think), for every selection an own product. If you have to create own product and fill informations for these outsite from the variantspart of the slectionproduct, it make sence to can use the fuull products as an won. Because in backend its already an own.
Btw. for imagesellingsites its a problem that create for all selections an own product.
And another Problem. If i select for bundleproducts an selectionproduct-selection, it dont displayed as own product. I have to create products doubled. you know what i mean?
i need the sleections from selectionproducts and for the bundle i have to create the variants/selections as own product again :)

ecample:
Selectionprduct christmascards: these have 4 variants 10,20,50 and 100 cards.
For these aimeos created 4 own products that cant be used at own products. And Cant took for bundleproducts.
Maybe would be good thats possible to decide

Or you have 1000 Imageproducts with 6 sizevariants. its beedn 6000 products in the backend list, but only 1000 are possible to use as own or for bundles :)

Maybe the best idea is to, have possibillity to decide, if i want a selectionproduct as own products: Then aimeos create own products with own informations, and possible to use with bundle and as own product.
And the second possibillity to create not an own product for all selections. Thens only possible to use the variant attributes . Perfectly for imagesellingsites or if clothes have only another color or something :). But then its importand that the variants became imagepart or in the image part of selectionproduct you can use in dropdown for a new image the variant its for and a downloadpart for every variant for downloadproducts. Maybe i forgot something :)

Ps. Its already done in one version with the summary of the selectionproduct variants stocklevel without somebody have to buy the product with showing stocklevel in listview?

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 10 Dec 2021, 11:52

Still don't know what you want to do.
Just another quick explaination of what Aimeos offers:

Article (default product):
Can be bought as product itself and has no relation to a parent product. It has it's own images, texts, prices, etc.

Selection product:
The parent product for a list of variant articles. It contains the images, text and price that are displayed in the list and detail view. Customers choose one variant article and put it into the basket by selecting the variant attriubtes assigned to the variant articles. The variant articles can be standalone articles too if you add a price and assign them to a category.

Bundle product:
The parent product of a set of standalone articles. Customers can put the bundle into the basket and buy all standalone products included automatically. Bundles can have a different price than the sum of the standalone articles. It's not possible to use selection products in a bundle.

Group product:
The parent product for a list of standalone articles. Contrary to selection products, more than one standalone product can be put into the basket at once.

From your example for the christmas cards we assume that a selection product would be the best option for the customers. Create a selection product with four variant articles (variant attribute is 10 cards, 20 cards, 50 cards and 100 cards) and each variant article gets it's own price (and texts/images if you want). Customers can then select the number of cards they want.
Alternatively, if the packages only differ in the price, use a standalone article (default product) and add four prices with different minimum quantity values (10, 20, 50 and 100) and a quantity scale of e.g. 10 if at least 10 cards need to be bought. This is called block or tier pricing.

Shopmister

Post by Shopmister » 11 Dec 2021, 18:18

Thanks for the explaining its did help a bit. :)
Alternatively, if the packages only differ in the price, use a standalone article (default product) and add four prices with different minimum quantity values (10, 20, 50 and 100) and a quantity scale of e.g. 10 if at least 10 cards need to be bought. This is called block or tier pricing.
I tryed that solution (This is called block or tier pricing), but in frontend did changed nothing, no list at deatailpage to choose or something

Whatts the difference between Group and Bundle, i dont understand i think :)
It's not possible to use selection products in a bundle.

For sure not the selectionproducts, but the variants they can be own possible isnt it. I testet, it issnt, but.
My problem is i have a bundleproduct and have in this one variant of selectionproduct. The bad decision between is now to have an error message like these at the detailpage:
Produkt "product name ...." konnte nicht gefunden werden
if clicking on the bundlessection the product:
or to have the product as own too. I mean i think it dont can be a very good solution. I have to use products as own and with bundle or not with bundle.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 15 Dec 2021, 10:13

Shopmister wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 18:18 I tryed that solution (This is called block or tier pricing), but in frontend did changed nothing, no list at deatailpage to choose or something
The additional prices are only displayed if you click on the drop-down icon right of the price. If you add enough products into the basket to reach the next price level, it's automatically used instead of the default price for one item.
Shopmister wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 18:18 Whatts the difference between Group and Bundle, i dont understand i think :)
Customers can pick each article of a group product and put it into the basket but they can only put the whole bundle into the basket, not pick any bundled articles.
Shopmister wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 18:18 For sure not the selectionproducts, but the variants they can be own possible isnt it. I testet, it issnt, but.
In theory yes, you can add variant articles of selection products into a bundle with the problems you describe below.
Shopmister wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 18:18 My problem is i have a bundleproduct and have in this one variant of selectionproduct. The bad decision between is now to have an error message like these at the detailpage:
Produkt "product name ...." konnte nicht gefunden werden
The reason for that is that the variant article of the selection product you've added to the bundle doesn't have a category attached.
Shopmister wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 18:18 or to have the product as own too. I mean i think it dont can be a very good solution. I have to use products as own and with bundle or not with bundle.
You can also add at least one (hidden) category to the variant article of the selection product. The downside is, customers can find this variant article when searching for products. If they can put it into the basket depends on attaching a price item to the variant article or not.