TER Guide on git needs update, but there is a problem with the update script

Questions around the TYPO3 integration and plugins
Forum rules
Always add your TYPO3, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
rowild

TER Guide on git needs update, but there is a problem with the update script

Post by rowild » 08 Jan 2023, 13:24

The TER section of the TYPO3 installation guide on github needs updates, too. I would like to provide a new PR for that a well, but first need to understand some things:

How is the aimeos' update script actually executed in TYPO3 10/11? The script button in the extension manager does not exist anymore. I would assume the aimeos update script has to be initiated via the "Upgrade Wizard" now?

If that is the case, there is an error that exists since quite a long time already: The upgrade wizard performs the DB upgrade aimeos requires, but afterwards the percentage indicator never progresses but instead stays where it was before (in my case 83%). This could likely mean that other upgrades that would follow after the aimeos upgrade will never be reached. Can this be fixed or not?

Or is the execution of the update script not necessary at all anymore? What, if I wanted to re-install the aimeos data? I would have to make sure that in "Extension configuration" the aimeos option for "Updates demo data" is set to "Override", and --- then? "Upgrade Wizard"?

Thanks!

aimeos
Administrator

Re: TER Guide on git needs update, but there is a problem with the update script

Post by aimeos » 09 Jan 2023, 08:49

rowild wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 13:24 How is the aimeos' update script actually executed in TYPO3 10/11? The script button in the extension manager does not exist anymore. I would assume the aimeos update script has to be initiated via the "Upgrade Wizard" now?
Exactly. TYPO3 combines all extension update scripts in the "Upgrade Wizard" in newer versions.
rowild wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 13:24 If that is the case, there is an error that exists since quite a long time already: The upgrade wizard performs the DB upgrade aimeos requires, but afterwards the percentage indicator never progresses but instead stays where it was before (in my case 83%). This could likely mean that other upgrades that would follow after the aimeos upgrade will never be reached. Can this be fixed or not?
Aimeos implements the RepeatableInterface, so the wizard is never marked as done.
Don't know how TYPO3 calculates that number and there's also no more documentation available that that:
https://docs.typo3.org/m/typo3/referenc ... ation.html
rowild wrote: 08 Jan 2023, 13:24 Or is the execution of the update script not necessary at all anymore? What, if I wanted to re-install the aimeos data? I would have to make sure that in "Extension configuration" the aimeos option for "Updates demo data" is set to "Override", and --- then? "Upgrade Wizard"?
Yes, you have to run the "Upgrade Wizard" afterwards to update the data.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star