Price calculation

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
carlos_valdes

Price calculation

Post by carlos_valdes » 22 Apr 2020, 23:58

Hi!
This is one of the best and most complete project i´ve ever seen. Thank you for that!
Im an experienced back-end developer and currently in the stage where i am learning how its programmed, still have a lot of questions and i will definitely try to solve them on my own.

I sell products and the price is based on USD dollars, but i also need to sell them in other curencies, at least one MXN.
So, the problem is that i need to do the currency exchange conversion, so the people who need to buy a product can know exactly the price.

Can you point me in the right direction?
To my knowledge this is not currently developed.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Price calculation

Post by aimeos » 23 Apr 2020, 07:58

Automatic currently conversion isn't part of Aimeos because it supports real multi-currency setups.
Instead of doing currency conversions, add one price for USD and one for MXN for all products. That way, you won't get odd prices too.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

carlos_valdes

Re: Price calculation

Post by carlos_valdes » 23 Apr 2020, 15:33

OK, that sound right.

Just that i would like to stop having actual product stock, therefore the price will change because ill buy on demand.

Your suggestion acutually is the best idea, currently im handling it like that, but im just exploring solutions.

cheers