Required field in Checkout Steps Missed with Returning Customers

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
xarga

Required field in Checkout Steps Missed with Returning Customers

Post by xarga » 24 Apr 2020, 02:04

Aimeos 2019.10
PHP 7.2

We have several delivery options (Pickup, Curbside pickup and two Delivery options).

As a guest user, if I order today using 'Pickup' there are required date and time fields I must fill before moving to the next step. This works fine on my first order.

If I come back later and place an order with the same browser (using chrome in this example) Upon pressing checkout I get taken directly to the summary page subpart.

This means the addresses, delivery and payment methods I last selected have been set as defaults but the pickup date is unfilled and because that step was skipped completely the checkout process no longer requires it.

The unsuspecting customer now places the order without being shown the option of an alternative delivery method and without being forced to select a delivery/pickup date & time even though the defaulted method requires it.

This leads to confusion on the fulfillment side as we see Pickup as the delivery method but with no date or time or supplier address.

1) Whats the best way to force the returning customer to revisit the delivery page on checkout? this will in turn require them to complete the date time field for delivery methods that require them?

2) Also I have only one payment method and would prefer to skip that step in the checkout process.

I removed 'payment' from the subparts in shop.php and set the value of the payment option as

Code: Select all

'client' => [
	  'html' => [
               'checkout' => [
                    'standard'=> [
                        'standard'=> [
                            'payment' =>[
                                'c_paymentoption' => 11
                            ],
This didn't work on the production server. I got the error that a Payment method was still required so maybe my config is wrong.

xarga

Re: Required field in Checkout Steps Missed with Returning Customers

Post by xarga » 24 Apr 2020, 05:45

I've resolved (2) but not (1)
I thought disabling the autofill - (Adds addresses/delivery/payment to basket) plugin setting might force returning customers through all checkout subparts but I'm still seeing this issue.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Required field in Checkout Steps Missed with Returning Customers

Post by aimeos » 25 Apr 2020, 07:55

The Autofill plugin adds the address, delivery and payment option from the last order automatically if the customer is logged in. For guests this isn't done by the Autofill plugin and the basket is cleared completely after the order has been successfully placed (check the basket afterwards) so no address/delivery/payment details are available any more. The only possible problem I can see depending on your description is that the basket isn't cleared at the end.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star