Product filter configuration for alloy wheels

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
alesconti

Product filter configuration for alloy wheels

Post by alesconti » 10 Mar 2021, 15:22

I need some help on how to best configure a product catalog for alloy wheels.
These products must be searched through a filter consisting of 3 attributes: Car Brand - Car Model - Car Year
Each product can have one or more compatibility with car models. I give an example:
Product 1 Compatible with:
BMW - Z3 - 2005/2007
AUDI - A3 - 2002/2003
MERCEDES - GLK - 2015/2018

Product 2 Compatible with:
BMW - i8 - 2018/2020
AUDI - A4 - 2020/2021
MERCEDES - 300L - 2017/2018

Initially I thought I could create 3 attributes on the product (car brand, car model and car year), the problem is that the 3 attributes are not connected to each other so the search would allow me to find products with a mix of the values ​​assigned to the product (for example I could find a BMW A3 2015/2018)
So I thought I could create only one attribute assigned to the product called AUTO ID to which I created 3 properties (brand model year). With this solution I would have the connection between the car and the product always correct, but I would not be able to perform a search as the properties of the attributes are not searchable.

Do you have an alternative idea?

thanks
Alessandro

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Product filter configuration for alloy wheels

Post by aimeos » 12 Mar 2021, 07:31

alesconti wrote: 10 Mar 2021, 15:22 Initially I thought I could create 3 attributes on the product (car brand, car model and car year), the problem is that the 3 attributes are not connected to each other so the search would allow me to find products with a mix of the values ​​assigned to the product (for example I could find a BMW A3 2015/2018)
This shouldn't be the case if you create three attributes and assign all of them to a product. When you select one attribute in the frontend, the page will reload and the products containing that attribute will be shown. Furthermore, an asynchronos request initiated by the Javascript code will fetch the number of products that are available for the current filter for each attribute. Attributes with no products will be disabled and grayed out so they can't be selected any more.

If that isn't the case then check your browser console if there are any errors preventing the async request or updating the product counts for the attributes.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

alesconti

Re: Product filter configuration for alloy wheels

Post by alesconti » 17 Mar 2021, 18:00

At the end i develop a specific extension that permit to search autos and then pass the attribute id at the standard search model.