how and when does the pdf-body-standard.php template get created?

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
whatdaro

how and when does the pdf-body-standard.php template get created?

Post by whatdaro » 13 Nov 2021, 08:19

This file appears to contain information specific to my site so wanted to know at what stage does the file get created and how can one trigger the re-creation of the file, please.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: how and when does the pdf-body-standard.php template get created?

Post by aimeos » 14 Nov 2021, 09:50

It will be used when sending the order confirmation e-mail (or in fact any payment related e-mail).
You can trigger resending those e-mails be removing the records in "mshop_order_status" table related to the order with the type "email-payment".
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

whatdaro

Post by whatdaro » 14 Nov 2021, 15:19

aimeos wrote: 14 Nov 2021, 09:50 It will be used when sending the order confirmation e-mail (or in fact any payment related e-mail).
You can trigger resending those e-mails be removing the records in "mshop_order_status" table related to the order with the type "email-payment".
Thanks for the reply, however I do understand how its used, but I wanted to know how the .php gets created.
It does not appear to be created during installation because it contains my company information hard coded.
So I believe this .php is created as some later point but I would like to know when please, thanks.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 15 Nov 2021, 08:21

Either you've changed the file directly (strongly not recommended!) or you have copied it to your own extension and modified it there.

whatdaro

Post by whatdaro » 15 Nov 2021, 10:16

aimeos wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 08:21 Either you've changed the file directly (strongly not recommended!) or you have copied it to your own extension and modified it there.
I'm certain I did not edit this file because I did not know it existed, I only found out about it after testing the order emails, I realised there was a PDF attached and in there I saw that the PDF footer had information from my website's footer.
It was not formatted correctly so I wanted to know what builds that .php file. thanks

whatdaro

Post by whatdaro » 23 Nov 2021, 00:49

aimeos wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 08:21 Either you've changed the file directly (strongly not recommended!) or you have copied it to your own extension and modified it there.
Hi Aimeos,
Do you have an update on this please, I need to know that if the changes I make to this file will be reset during the next update or next time I run composer update

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 23 Nov 2021, 15:48

If you place a copy of the template file in your own extension, it won't be overwritten if you update.