Aimeos Laravel events

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
PraveenJayakody

Aimeos Laravel events

Post by PraveenJayakody » 23 Dec 2022, 01:35

Hi,

I'm on Laravel 9, Aimeos 2022.x and PHP 8.1 on Mac.

I want to send an SMS to the user (i.e. call a third party API) when an order is created. What is the standard way to accomplish this? Does Aimeos propagates Laravel Events that can be listened to? At this point, I should also be able to get at least the order baseId or customer details like the phone number

TIA

VirtualSpy
Advanced

Re: Aimeos Laravel events

Post by VirtualSpy » 23 Dec 2022, 09:21

PraveenJayakody wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 01:35 Hi,

I'm on Laravel 9, Aimeos 2022.x and PHP 8.1 on Mac.

I want to send an SMS to the user (i.e. call a third party API) when an order is created. What is the standard way to accomplish this? Does Aimeos propagates Laravel Events that can be listened to? At this point, I should also be able to get at least the order baseId or customer details like the phone number

TIA
do config for mandatory fields of billing and delivery address and add there telephone field and then do config for translation for showing telephone to mobile no. or phone no...it stores in laravel's user table which is merge from customer table of aimeos and you will get order id from order tables of aimeos. ..... it will helpful for you for sending sms and for third party api wait for reply from aimeos

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Aimeos Laravel events

Post by aimeos » 23 Dec 2022, 14:56

The best option would be to create a delivery service decorator, which sends the SMS to the customer when the order/service/delivery job controller executes the processBatch() method:
https://aimeos.org/docs/latest/provider ... ecorators/
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star