mshop_customer table and user role/group

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
peter69

mshop_customer table and user role/group

Post by peter69 » 08 Mar 2023, 05:31

Hello Aimeos!

I have some questions,

There is a table which is called "mshop_customer", I see that this table is not being taken care of as the users are stored in the "users" table. This is the expected behavior?

Also, in the "customers" module all users are listed (including administrators and editors), I can create a new user group called "customer" so I could filter it, but however when the user registers (either from the checkout or from the registration page) it should automatically assign the role/group of customer.

What would you recommend in this case?

Thank you very much for your support,

Regards!

aimeos
Administrator

Re: mshop_customer table and user role/group

Post by aimeos » 10 Mar 2023, 08:49

peter69 wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 05:31 There is a table which is called "mshop_customer", I see that this table is not being taken care of as the users are stored in the "users" table. This is the expected behavior?
The mshop_customer* tables are created by the Aimeos core migrations but are not used in Laravel (besides mshop_customer_group). This is expected because the core doesn't know about the environment it's installed.
peter69 wrote: 08 Mar 2023, 05:31 Also, in the "customers" module all users are listed (including administrators and editors), I can create a new user group called "customer" so I could filter it, but however when the user registers (either from the checkout or from the registration page) it should automatically assign the role/group of customer.
At registration, you have to add the group here:
https://github.com/aimeos/aimeos/blob/m ... p#L78-L112

At the checkout, default customer groups can be assigned using this setting:
https://aimeos.org/docs/2022.x/config/c ... /#groupids
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star