Aimeos default theme change using extension

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
archanaep

Aimeos default theme change using extension

Post by archanaep » 28 Dec 2023, 09:43

Hi,
I have doubt again in Aimeos extension( Using latest version of aimeos). Now my need is to change the look and feel of site. At the same time ,the extra field also added to admin section.
1)Do both need separate extension? If theme and functionality change need two extensions, what should be noted(locally and while uploading to server)
2)If not required ,how can I override the default theme with my theme?
For eg :I can add an extra field with the aimeos extension and can I change the header and footer style using the same extension? When I do this ,the default styles are applied.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by archanaep on 01 Jan 2024, 06:09, edited 1 time in total.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Aimeos dafault theme change using extension

Post by aimeos » 29 Dec 2023, 16:59

archanaep wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 09:43 1)Do both need separate extension? If theme and functionality change need two extensions, what should be noted(locally and while uploading to server)
You only need one extension, if you want to change only templates or add features, use the Aimeos extension. If you want to create your own theme in addition, only use the Laravel theme extension.
archanaep wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 09:43 2)If not required ,how can I override the default theme with my theme?
The theme CSS/JS files are copied to ./public/vendor/shop/themes/default/ directory where you can adapt the content of the files. For that, no separate (theme) extension is required.
archanaep wrote: 28 Dec 2023, 09:43 For eg :I can add an extra field with the aimeos extension and can I change the header and footer style using the same extension? When I do this ,the default styles are applied.
For adding an extra field, an Aimeos extension is required in the ./packages/ directory. To adapt the header and footer without a theme extension, you can copy the base.blade.php file from the aimeos/aimeos-laravel extension to the ./resources/views/vendor/shop/ directory:
https://aimeos.org/docs/latest/laravel/ ... -templates
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

archanaep

Re: Aimeos default theme change using extension

Post by archanaep » 08 Jan 2024, 10:31

Thankyou for your response. Can I create a custom.css file for client html(without theme extension)?If yes how to link like aimeos.css? Overrides some style in aimeos.css file in default folder but not reflected. How to publish the CSS/js folder from extension to public?

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Aimeos default theme change using extension

Post by aimeos » 09 Jan 2024, 11:25

Copy the ./vendor/aimeos/aimeos-laravel/views/base.blade.php file to ./resources/views/vendor/shop/base.blade.php and add the CSS file in the header of the HTML page output.

See: https://aimeos.org/docs/latest/laravel/ ... -templates
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star