I don't understand the new product attributes layout

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
kdim95
Advanced

I don't understand the new product attributes layout

Post by kdim95 » 12 Apr 2024, 17:27

Laravel framework version: 11.3.1
Aimeos Laravel version: 2023.10.8
PHP Version: 8.2.17
Environment: Linux

Hello,

Please help me to understand why the new admin panel for attributes looks like this.
When I add a new attribute type, there is a section for each attribute, where you can select the attribute type again?

In older versions, you had a section only for variant attributes, normal attributes and hidden attributes.
You had to pick in which section to place the attributes in, select the attribute type, then the value.

attributes.JPG
attributes.JPG (44.77 KiB) Viewed 6842 times

Best regards

aimeos
Administrator

Re: I don't understand the new product attributes layout

Post by aimeos » 15 Apr 2024, 07:12

It's still the same as before but the "custom" and "configurable" parts from the former "Options" panel have been merged into the "Characteristics" panel. Now, all attribute types are available there.

If you add a new product list type for attributes, they will generate a new part in the "Characteristics" panel you can can dynamically add new list types. In each part, you select the attribute type first and then one of the offered values.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

kdim95
Advanced

Re: I don't understand the new product attributes layout

Post by kdim95 » 26 Apr 2024, 22:37

I understand my error, it was indeed additionally added product list types from a wrong XML import scheme.