Dynamic Pricing based on Service

Help for integrating the Laravel package
Forum rules
Always add your Laravel, Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
spider

Dynamic Pricing based on Service

Post by spider » 04 May 2023, 17:09

Hi

I am on aimeos-headless 2023 laravel.

I am looking at setting different product prices based on the delivery service selected by the customer. i.e. pickup at store or delivery to door.

For each product, there are two prices, one for pickup and one for delivery (likely a discounted price for pickup at store). In addition, if the order is required to be delivered, there will be an extra shipping charge per order.

First, I have two prices with different config options entered for a product. Currently, I am trying to use basket plugin to recalculate all basket product prices. But things do not seem going well.

Could you advise a better approach to implement these? Basket plugin, pricing rules or maybe others?

Thanks.

aimeos
Administrator

Re: Dynamic Pricing based on Service

Post by aimeos » 07 May 2023, 11:28

Depends a bit on the prerequisites:
- When does the customers have to select if they want to have pick up at the store or delivery at home? At the beginning, when they add the product to the basket or at the checkout process?
- What options are available for price calculation? Different prices only, percentage added/reduced or fixed additional shipping costs (per item or one for all)?
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

spider

Post by spider » 07 May 2023, 18:02

aimeos wrote: 07 May 2023, 11:28 Depends a bit on the prerequisites:
- When does the customers have to select if they want to have pick up at the store or delivery at home? At the beginning, when they add the product to the basket or at the checkout process?
- What options are available for price calculation? Different prices only, percentage added/reduced or fixed additional shipping costs (per item or one for all)?
Customers are required to select at the very beginning, so the system knows which price to be displayed, as well as the delivery fee and maybe waiting time. However, we also want to allow customers to change this option at anytime, while during shopping and at checkout. We want to make this flexible, so changing delivery service should not reset the flow and re-do the shopping. Thus, the system shall be able to recalculate all product prices, probably whenever the delivery service changes.

Delivery fee is separately calculated, per order. In addition, depending pickup at store or delivery at home, we set different prices for the same product. We do not have set rules for the calculation. It solely depends on our suppliers what they want to do. So we need some kind of "tags" that we can distinguish the price entered is for pickup / delivery.

aimeos
Administrator

Post by aimeos » 10 May 2023, 06:41

The additional delivery fee is easy to handle and should work out of the box depending on the chosen delivery service.

The hard part is are the different product prices depending if they are shipped or not because Aimeos will only use the price of type "default" throughout the whole code and you will need to change every bit where that's the case. An alternative could be to use the costs per item in case of shipping and remove those costs when the customer chooses to come to the store.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star