[Planing Stage] feasibility stage question.

How to configure and adapt Aimeos based shops as developer
Forum rules
Always add your Aimeos and PHP version as well as your environment (Linux/Mac/Win)
Spam and unrelated posts will be removed immediately!
pawel

[Planing Stage] feasibility stage question.

Post by pawel » 11 Apr 2024, 00:50

Hi All,

function printQuestion(Environment penAndPaper, Server whiteboard){

Long story short, I have to design and implement the multi-county online store, with custom backed integration, so I am looking for a good framework for it. A few technical question related to aimeos (I read documentation, but I need real dev perspective):

- is possible (in easy way) to deploy different front for different location (based on geolocation) - domain, view/theme, currency and pay gateways, etc
- As the custom groups plugin is behind paywall (no problem with this) - where Can i find full specification for this. I need to do different prices for different designated groups, etc. and If we divided to implemented this later, how difficult is to implemented this to the existing project.
- The same question to B2B - where Can I find a white papers to this.
- Stripe payment - i see paid plugin, but Omnipay has Stripe option. What is a different between omnipay and paid plugin.
- how difficult is add custom fields to the product and relation (many to many or one to many) ?
- in which developing aspect aimeos is better than bagisto (based on white paper information bagisto is more out of the box solution - more out of the box elements / plugins)

To sum up: I am not scare to put my hands into the code, I just want to be sure that aimeos would be good foundation for a startup project.

Thank you for any feedback

return 0; // Happy ending
}

aimeos
Administrator

Re: [Planing Stage] feasibility stage question.

Post by aimeos » 11 Apr 2024, 07:06

pawel wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 00:50 - is possible (in easy way) to deploy different front for different location (based on geolocation) - domain, view/theme, currency and pay gateways, etc
You can have different domains, themes, currencies and payment gateways for different locations but you need the complex B2B/marketplace extension from the Aimeos company for that: https://aimeos.com/extensions#c436

Regarding geo location, you have to implement that as a Laravel middleware but it's not a big problem an there should be many docs and maybe also existing packages available for that.
pawel wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 00:50 - As the custom groups plugin is behind paywall (no problem with this) - where Can i find full specification for this. I need to do different prices for different designated groups, etc. and If we divided to implemented this later, how difficult is to implemented this to the existing project.
- The same question to B2B - where Can I find a white papers to this.
Ask the Aimeos company for details: https://aimeos.com/aimeos-gmbh/contact
pawel wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 00:50 - Stripe payment - i see paid plugin, but Omnipay has Stripe option. What is a different between omnipay and paid plugin.
The default Stripe payment provider is suitable for most cases. The Stripe for marketplaces extension from the Aimeos company supports splitting payments and payouts to vendors in addition.
pawel wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 00:50 - how difficult is add custom fields to the product and relation (many to many or one to many) ?
Very simple. Aimeos is the only solution which supports assigning arbitrary records to e.g. products and other data domains. Also, you can store custom data as product properties (type/value pairs) and if you really think you need to add a new field to the products, it's also very simple:

https://aimeos.org/docs/latest/models/extend-managers/
pawel wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 00:50 - in which developing aspect aimeos is better than bagisto (based on white paper information bagisto is more out of the box solution - more out of the box elements / plugins)
Aimeos is far more customizable and extendable than Bagisto, is much faster and can handle magnitudes more of data.
Professional support and custom implementation are available at Aimeos.com
If you like Aimeos, Image give us a star

pawel

Re: [Planing Stage] feasibility stage question.

Post by pawel » 11 Apr 2024, 11:26

Thank you for your replay.