New versions of the Aimeos e-commerce library and its application/framework integrations are released on a quarterly base.
In the beginning of each year, a new major version will be available with a three month beta and a six month stabilization phase. Afterwards, the latest stable version will be supported for one year free of charge and there's the option to buy extended support for another four years.
The major versions will contain code cleanups and reorganizations and aren't backward compatible with previous releases. During the stabilization phase, only features will be added that aren't likely to break backward compatibility to working code. For LTS and extended LTS version, bugfixes and security patches will be available.
We recommend to use the stable releases for production and upgrade to the LTS version after it has been released.
|Long term support (LTS)|
|Commercial extended LTS support|
- Use MJML for e-mail templates
- Allow saving products using the index manager
- Allow reordering images/prices/texts in admin interface
- Use Vue.JS in order panel of admin interface too
- Add OpenGraph data to pages by default
- Move view model code to view helpers
- Provide Blade/Fluid/Twig templates for the HTML clients
- Use AI-based services for translation and image optimization
- Implement GraphQL API as alternative to JSON REST API for PWA frontend
- Create simple to adapt Progressive Web Application based on Vue.JS
- Design JS API for easier handing of headless HTTP APIs
- Move product special price option to price item
- Allow adding properties to order base address entries
- Add scalar type to order product/service attributes to allow internationalization
- Use pre-configured attribute sets in product detail admin interface
- Simplify product CSV import format
- Rewrite JSON Admin API for NoSQL systems
- Replace HTML client catalog count/stock by JSON REST API
- Think about an interator based searchItems() method
- Use document oriented way to store unit test data
- Clean up and simplify unit test data
- Market place for extensions
- Drupal integration
- Wordpress integration
- Frontend editing