New versions of the Aimeos e-commerce library and its application/framework integrations are released on a quarterly base.
In the beginning of each year, new major versions will be available with a three month beta and a six month stabilization phase. They will contain code cleanups and reorganizations and aren't backward compatible with previous releases. During the stabilization phase, only features will be added that aren't likely to break backward compatibility to working code.
Latest stable (LTS) version:
- will get bugfixes and security patches
- will be supported for one year free of charge
- is supported another four years with extended support (ELTS)
We recommend to use the stable releases for production and upgrade to the corresponding LTS version after it has been released.
Planned for 2022+
- Switch to VueJS 3.x in admin backend
- Replace using REST API by new GraphQL API in admin backend
- Implement more Vue.js components for admin backend
- Add basic tools for image manipulation in admin backend
- Pass PSR-7 ServerRequestInterface to process() of payment services
- Pass FE configuration to service provider calcPrice()
- Allow passing additional configuration to CLI commands
- Simplify product CSV import format
- Add scalar type to order product/service attributes to allow internationalization
- Merge controller/common and controller/jobs in ai-controller-jobs extension
- Better reusable address partial in HTML frontend