New versions of the Aimeos e-commerce library and its application/framework integrations are released on a quarterly base.
In the beginning of each year, a new major version will be available with a three month beta and a six month stabilization phase. Afterwards, the latest stable version will be supported for one year free of charge and there's the option to buy extended support for another four years.
The major versions will contain code cleanups and reorganizations and aren't backward compatible with previous releases. During the stabilization phase, only features will be added that aren't likely to break backward compatibility to working code. For LTS and extended LTS version, bugfixes and security patches will be available.
We recommend to use the stable releases for production and upgrade to the LTS version after it has been released.
|Long term support (LTS)|
|Commercial extended LTS support|
- Extended JQAdm administration interface
- Market place for extensions
- Drupal integration
- Twitter Bootstrap based frontend layout
- Configure base URL for each file system separately
- Use PSR-7 and pass orderid for updateSync() methods in service providers
- Own updatePush() method for push status updates in service providers
- Use PSR-7 request/response objects for JQAdm and HTML clients
- Use immutable value objects for passing data without side-effects
- Move language/currency translations to the Aimeos core
- Merge admin/client translations where possible
- Merge order base item/manager PARTS_* constants
- Rename templates to "...-standard.php"
- Unify inject*() methods in factories
- Remove PHP 5.4 support
- Support PHPUnit 6.x
- NoSQL database support
- Frontend editing
- Wordpress integration