New versions of the Aimeos e-commerce library and its application/framework integrations are released on a quarterly base.
In the beginning of each year, a new major version will be available with a three month beta and a six month stabilization phase. Afterwards, the latest stable version will be supported for one year free of charge and there's the option to buy extended support for another four years.
The major versions will contain code cleanups and reorganizations and aren't backward compatible with previous releases. During the stabilization phase, only features will be added that aren't likely to break backward compatibility to working code. For LTS and extended LTS version, bugfixes and security patches will be available.
We recommend to use the stable releases for production and upgrade to the LTS version after it has been released.
|Long term support (LTS)|
|Commercial extended LTS support|
- NoSQL database support
- Support PHPUnit 6.x
- Replace HTML client catalog count/stock by JSON REST API
- Pass supplier code to addProduct() of basket controller
- Hand over basket to summary options template
- Unifiy TestHelper classes in extensions
- Move product special price option to price item
- Add scalar type to order product/service attributes to allow internationalization
- Move ListRef methods to own trait
- Market place for extensions
- Drupal integration
- Frontend editing
- Wordpress integration